Thursday, June 16, 2011

Frustration!

So, I found out yesterday that I am now allergic to wheat, rice and soy. This makes a grand total of 17 food allergies for me. This has been good news and bad news for me. It is good in the sense that I now get why I have felt so crappy and since I have eliminated these things I have stopped itching. I swear itching is just pure torture! It's also good because now I have the same allergies as my son and I no longer have to worry so much about what I have touched before I touch him. Spontaneous hugs and kisses are back!

What frustrates me is that I feel like I am having to start over with planning dinner. I have felt discouraged. I am also realizing that it's going to be even more difficult to save money when buying groceries. Which is a major issue when you only live off one income like we do.

My excellent and supportive husband is fine with the idea of making our house as wheat and rice free as possible. I have also discovered quinoa which is working out well. My son and I made a trip to Costco tonight and I actually found quite a few things he and I can both eat. That gave me hope.

At least I found out after my birthday (which was Monday) so I got to eat my very yummy dark chocolate cake.

1 comment:

  1. shucks! sorry to hear this. i have a friend who, along with her kids, has a wheat allergy and suspects a dairy allergy. she runs a completely wheat and dairy free home, despite that her husband has no problems. she has become a prolific cook in the last few years since the allergy was uncovered. your situation is complicated with many more allergies, so i wish you the best as you find great things to make for your family and your guests. thanks for doing the blog, i know there are people out there who could use encouragement and ideas.

    ReplyDelete