Friday, June 24, 2011

Apricot-French Chicken and Quinoa

The girls loved it!




This was my first attempt at making dinner after I found out my 3 new food allergies. I adapted this recipe from one a very good friend of mine had given me years ago.


10 chicken tenderloin pieces


1 jar of apricot preserves (I used Cascadian Farms because it was all fruit and no corn syrup)


1 bottle of french dressing (Of course you know I made my own! I used the recipe in the Betty Crocker cookbook and used my tomato-free ketchup for the ketchup in the recipe.)


chopped onion with a little onion powder (The original recipe calls for onion soup mix, but I can't eat that so this is what I came up with.)


Throw it all in the crockpot and cook it on low all day. I served it over quinoa and it was really good! You can see how the girls liked it.





No comments:

Post a Comment