Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Art of a Good Salad

I've always been a pretty big salad eater. This has been a very good thing now that I have allergies. I can often order a salad at a resturant if they are willing to take off items I am allergic to. I'm fairly good at planning dinner options, but often forget to make sure I have things I can eat for lunch. This was one of those days! My last minute salad consisted of: spinach leaves, chopped carrots, chopped sweet onion, chopped boiled chicken, craisins, and asian salad dressing. I have the Pampered Chef Measure, Mix and Pour and I make the asian dressing recipe that is printed on the container. Very yummy! Another salad I ate a lot when I was first diagnosed and trying to figure out what I could and could not eat is one of my Grandfather's dishes. He makes a huge bowl of this every day and eats every bit of it all by himself. I refused to eat it when I was a kid, but now I like it. Endive lettuce, onions, salt, pepper, and sprinkle rice vinegar and oil of your choice. It's odd what you will learn to like once your options become limited.

1 comment:

  1. Blogger smashed all of this together. Sorry if it is hard to read!

    ReplyDelete