Friday, March 25, 2011

Chicken Salad

There are probably about 8 million ways to make chicken salad. Especially here in the south. Here are some variations I have tried that have turned out well. I don't measure anything. I just throw stuff in there and mix it together until I like it.

Cranberry Chicken Salad

boiled or canned chicken
Sour Supreme
rosemary
basil
onion

Pineapple Chicken Salad

boiled or canned chicken
Sour Supreme
pineapple chunks
onion
ginger
tamari

Peach Chicken Salad (Evie's fave)

boiled or canned chicken
Sour Supreme
fresh peaches
onion
basil

My fabulous friend Evie and I make Peach Chicken Salad everytime we see each other during the summer as long as we can get our hands on some fresh peaches. We modified the recipe from one in Southern Living. As my Grandmama would say "It tastes so good, it will make your tounge slap your brains out!"

2 comments:

  1. Okay, for a non-allergy person like me, do you have to buy Sour Supreme at a specialty store or where do you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whole Foods carries it and so does Publix in Pelham. You can just use mayo though.

    ReplyDelete