Friday, March 11, 2011

Hamburger Stroganoff

I decided my first dish for the allergy food blog would be hamburger stroganoff. This decision was based solely on the fact that I had a pound of ground beef dethawed and the rest of the ingredients on hand.

1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup of chopped onion
1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. fresh dill
1/2 tsp. pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup of arrowroot flour/starch (I've also used oat flour and it turns out just as good)
1 cup water
1 packet of Herb Ox beef bullion
1 container of Toffuti Sour Supreme
Brown ground beef. Add onion and garlic and saute for a minute or two. Mix the next 8 ingredients in a separate bowl. Add to skillet. Cook on medium heat until it starts to thicken. It will thicken quickly. Turn heat off. Add Sour Supreme. Serve over rice or noodles.
I'm sure you could substitute whatever ground meat you wanted for the ground beef. I know a lot of people have meat allergies too. My son is allergic to rice and wheat. A lot of the time we will give him an extra veggie at dinner or some cheese.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see this blog. I'm sure it will help many. Mine are picky eaters so all the good ingredients above are wasted. I might try it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this meal. Momma used to cook it, and we ate like pigs. It's nice to see a momma cooking good for her famiy. Keep it up, and keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete