Friday, March 18, 2011

Meatloaf


Last night I decided to cook meatloaf. Sorry about the picture! Dinner was over before I remembered to take one. Ooops! I've adapted this recipe from Betty Crocker.

1 1/2 lbs. lean groud beef (really any ground meat would work)

1/2 cup water

1 tbsp. tamari
1/4 tsp. sage

1/4 tsp. pepper

1/8 tsp. garlic powder or 1 garlic clove minced

3/4 quick oats

1/4 tsp. onion powder (I used to chop up half an onion, but the kids complained so I now use powder instead)

Heat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients. I find that if I mix the ingredients ahead of time and stick it in the fridge, the flavors blend better. Place mixture in loaf pan. Cook 1hr 10min.

Mixing it up ahead of time also helps if you are busy in the evenings like we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment