Sunday, March 13, 2011

GF French Toast


I've been doing my best to make a good breakfast for my son in the mornings to pump him full of protein and hopefully help him gain a little weight. I am allergic to eggs and had stopped making french toast, but my excellent mother-in-law reminded me that my son could eat it. He can be a little picky, but loves this. I cut it into strips and put a cup of syrup next to his plate so he can dip the strips
1 slice of gf bread (I use the Bob's Red Mill Homemade Wonderful Bread Mix in my bread machine)
2 eggs (I use Eggland's best)
1 tsp. cinamon
1 tsp. vanilla
Syrup for dipping (I use Maple Grove Farms Sugar Free Maple Flavor syrup)
Mix the eggs, vanilla and cinamon. Dip bread on both sides. You can soak it a little if you like it a little moist. Brown on both sides.

2 comments: