Sunday, March 13, 2011

Why I LOVE Arrowroot Starch

I absolutely LOVE Arrowroot Starch. When I was first diagnosed with food allergies in May 2007 I had a hard time trying to figure out how to replace eggs in my baking. Most egg replacements use corn or potato starch, both of which I cannot eat. I was googling allergy sites one day and came across using arrowroot as an egg replacement. It has been wonderful to bake with. I use it all the time and people cannot tell the difference.
To replace 1 egg: 1tbsp. arrowroot starch to 3tbsp. water
The only store I have been able to find this is Whole Foods. You can also order it off Amazon.com which I highly recommend. You end up having to order a case that way, but it is much cheaper and if you can split it with a friend it works out really well. It lasts a long time. I've even used it as a flour when I need to use a flour we can all eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment